Holy Cow!

Monday, October 27, 2014

Christmas is coming...

These are cards cut with my Silhouette!!  Woot, woot!  I have not used my Silhouette to it's fullest potential so this was quite exciting to complete.  AND, it fulfills my monthly challenge to make at least five Christmas cards a month.  I made SIXTEEN of these...

The tree is a semi-circle that the Silhouette cuts folding marks into so I'd know where to fold.  Pretty darn cute!  And quick...
 
But, I have to share about my paper choices.  I went to Michaels' and Hobby Lobby looking for Christmas paper pads with double-sided paper.  Could not find ANY, anywhere!  Are you kidding me?  These used to be a dime a dozen.  Apparently, not anymore!  My husband would say, "Follow the money..." and I guess he's right.  It must cost more to create a doubled-sided pad of paper than a single-sided pad of paper.  SO, the last three years when I was determined NOT to buy any of those double-sided pads until my three were gone, has turned out to be a bad idea... :(
 
Anyway, my friend Susan had some leftover double-sided pieces in her stash that she gave me to do this project.  Thank goodness she had something or these trees would have had alot of white showing...


3 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike. This tree is on my Christmas card swap and trying to find 2 sided paper IS impossible! Had 2 pads of SU paper from last year. Didn't like one (all blues) the other, heh, but what's a girl to do. So I used that. Not great but it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just call the white, snow, duh! (just kidding)

    These are great. I LOVE your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like! Now I have to look in my paper stash

    ReplyDelete