Holy Cow!

Monday, September 22, 2014

The Encouragement Project...

After making the card on the left for the weekend challenge on Seongsook's Stampers, I decided to dedicate my entire Sunday to making cards for it. This is a challenge started by a Senior in high school out in Utah (daughter of a fellow crafter I've never met). She is calling it the Encouragement Project. The idea is to have cards available to teachers and staff to write encouraging notes to students who are struggling, or being bullied or feeling very alone. They will also be used for students who went the extra mile or finally "understood" something. With each card I made, the more I thought this was an incredible project...

Although no cards were asked of us during this challenge, I have decided to send these for the project and I have TWO reasons...

1. I think it's a FANTASTIC idea and I hope it gets wings and flies... :)

And 2. When Zack was doing his project during his junior year to get every student at his high school to send an "Any Hero" note, I was overwhelmed by the amount of help I got from my crafting community. People I hadn't even met sent us card fronts to adhere the notes to OR helped color in the notes. Since we had 710 to do, the help was much appreciated.

This is MY opportunity to Pay It Forward...


1 comment:

  1. Cindy I think you are a very talented card maker but I believe your real talent lies in writing. This post was so well written it touched me. I believe we met when I offered to help with Zack's project! Seems like a long time ago!!! Keep up the great work. Your cards are beautiful and I am sure the students will love them!

    ReplyDelete