Holy Cow!

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Another Mixed media card...

I had been playing around with Mixed Media last week that I had learned while spending the day with Susan a couple weeks back (see post HERE) and had made this card.  On it, I used one of the many sentiments that Sherry had sent me a month ago (see post HERE).  In order to make the sentiment "fit in" with the rest of the card, I inked the edges with the same ink I had used on the piece.  Then, I used the "punchinella" that Susan gave me, both on the piece AND the sentiment.  For those who don't know, punchinella is the plastic ribbon that is leftover after sequins are punched out, it looks like this...
 


I used my Staz-on red and a dauber and randomly inked around the card and over the sentiment.  Neat effect, eh?!!  I then added the sentiment and popped it with dimensionals...
 
I decided to send the card to Sherry so she could actually see and feel what a Mixed media card looks like AND so I could send her some of the flowers I had learned to make.  Sherry is a HUGE fan of flowers and I can't wait to show her how we made these.  I had done Mixed media on a few envelopes while at Susan's too but when I put the envelope thru my printer to do the address, the ink smudged.  I printed the address on another piece of paper, layered it and adhered it with glue.  I really, really like mixed media on the envelope too but I think I'll put the addresses on first BEFORE I play around with a design on the envelope.  In my haste to get this in the mail, I never took a picture of it... my bad. 
 
But Sherry did!!  Woot, woot!!  So, why not blog about it, right?!!


5 comments:

  1. great job on your mixed media card

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in awe to receive this most beautiful card and enjoy Cindy's awesome creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very artistic Cindy! I like the texture and color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card came out awesome!!! And of course I love the flowers, I have used so many already. I put them on everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mixed media cards. I like to print papers with my Gelli Plate and then make cards from those papers and trade them with friends. Do you make ATC's?

    ReplyDelete