Holy Cow!

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Christmas in July...

It's getting a little too close to the end of July and I hadn't made my Christmas cards... so, I got crackin' AND Christmas in July!  Woot, woot!  For those of you who make cards for Operation Write Home like I do, the deadline for Christmas cards this year has been pushed back to October 10th.  We can do this!  No worries...
 
So, I need to tell you a story about this paper.  This is from a pad I purchased when I was just beginning to make cards four years ago and have hated it for almost as long.  And before you tell me I should have just parted with it a long time ago, you apparently don't know me well.  I am a painfully frugal person.  If I buy something, I MUST use it.  I hate waste... and I'm OCD.  But I had finally decided to put it out of my misery and had packed it away to sell at next year's Yard Sale at Cozy Crop.  As I was moving it from one box to another, it caught my eye again.  I started looking at it in terms of that wonderful OWH Sketch #218 (see HERE) that showcases a larger print paper.  I just couldn't resist to see if it brought this pad to life.  Well, I'll be jiggered... it did!  I LOVE how this came out!
 
 I made eight of these...


8 comments:

  1. I'm the same way..... Can't part with something I bought... Including scraps. I absolutely love the large poinsettia with this sketch! Glad you held on to it for the "perfect" sketch and made a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the big poinsettia and it is perfect for this card. I also love this sketch! Congratulations on using paper you and not buying any new!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is supposed to say paper you have and not buying any new. (this dumb keyboard has a mind of it's own)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I've done good. I'm even amazing myself...

      Delete
    3. Oh my how beautiful..Love the poinsettia paper, I love using Poinsettia's on Christmas cards. I need to get to it and make some more so they are all ready to ship on time. I love CASEing your cards...so keep an eye out, you may see some very familiar to these. :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card. I have been meaning to get into gear about Christmas cards BEFORE the end of November. LOL. I've done the same thing with some papers. I think the trick is hiding it away and then rediscovering it at a later time and voila, something new presents itself. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the paper. Now do you wish you had more? HA! From Laura Pervier

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out beautiful! I understand about not wasting and being OCD...... LOL!! This IS a great sketch for those larger prints to be sure. I am so glad I stumbled on it as well. This card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete