Holy Cow!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Using up paper...


This is paper I've had a bazillion years!  Ok, maybe only six.  It's part of a Stampin' Up paper pack that has long since been retired.  I used it on a special album I made for my dad and his third wife and it took me almost forever to finish it.  The album was completed and presented as a 30th Wedding anniversary gift last November.  WAY too much emotion was charged into that project.  Since then, I've wanted to throw this paper away (just like I wanted to throw away the whole project more times than I care to admit)... but I'm the one who bought it!  Frugal me wouldn't let me.  SO, in my mission to use up what I have, it only seemed right to turn this into cards.  The rest of the paper is in the background and as you can see, there is still ALOT of it... ugh!
 

At first, I wasn't fond of this card but as I worked on it, it has grown on me.  These will get added to my current box which SHOULD have left last Friday and didn't... :(  So, it'll go this week.  These 8 and the Christmas 8 put me closer to my goal of 50 - 100 cards in the month of June using ONLY what I have...
 

8 comments:

  1. Love this design, especially the banners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Cindy! If you still have scraps, use them mixed with other papers to make those awesome scrappy backgrounds that you do so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh... good point! I wonder if you remember this paper. I had gotten it from another SU demo in Massachusetts before I re-met you but YOU helped me get more from some of your friends when I thought I'd run out mid-stream...

      Delete
  3. I really like your goal of using up the papers you have on hand. I have ssssooo many papers, stamps, ink pads, embossing powder, folders, etc, etc, I would easily match your goal for months on end! But after today as a local scrapbook store is going out of business (major bummer) and everything is 45% off so I have to check it out today. From Laura Pervier

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice selection. I really like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Cindy, I love the banners and your bow. You would be so proud of me, I was in Hobby Lobby's parking lot and DID NOT even go in the store. I am sticking to the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best way to stay on track, keep temptation out of the equation. I'm VERY proud of you Sherry...

      Delete
  6. I'm relieved to know it's not just me. There have been quite a few times I've bought something only to later ask myself 'what were you thinking'? In your case though it makes total sense why. And yes I agree these came out quite nice. The subtle colors make them a nice choice for OWH as ink could see this being sent to men or women. Happy for you that you will not be looking at that paper anymore. I know that feeling of relief! LOL

    ReplyDelete