Holy Cow!

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy Birthday...

This is a card I CASE'd from our own Pam Tetreault whose work I truly admire... 
 
I am dedicating this group of twelve to my Aunt Georgia who passed away yesterday afternoon.  She was the first cardmaker I ever knew.  All through my childhood, I would look forward to her Christmas card that arrived every year with it's greetings to our family.  I was always in awe of her attention to detail and craftmanship.  But more amazing to me was learning she made hundreds of the same design for her extensive Christmas card list.  Rest in Peace Aunt Georgia, and know these balloons are floating away to our deployed heroes in your honor...


5 comments:

  1. My condolences. Your cards are so cheerful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cora. Although my aunt's passing is a sad affair, I wanted to celebrate her life with cheer...

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful way to celebrate your aunt. Are you able to get those cards she made together and post pictures? It'd be interested to see what they look like. I read an article awhile ago about handmade cards over the past and they sure look different from what we're creating now. Quite interesting to see them. From Laura Pervier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't happen to have any of them, they were sent to my parents. I do wonder if any of her children still have them or if they'll show up packed away in a box. I can still visualize some of them. She centered her design around the current Easter Seals of that year. I remember she even used things like toothpicks or reeds. It was amazing work...

      Delete
  3. What a lovely tribute to your Aunt. I am going to have to stop reading your blog, you're giving me eye puddles. (And if I make too many entries you're going to think I'm stalking you.)

    I like Pam's work too. OK, going to have to CASE more. :)

    ReplyDelete