Holy Cow!

Monday, March 3, 2014

OWH shipment...

This is my next shipment to Operation Write Home which includes the 18 Any Hero cards we did with the neighbor kids back in January.  Original post here.  It also includes 78 of a variety of cards for the troops to send home to their loved ones, including Mother's Day, well ahead of the deadline of March 31st... yay!
 
I rarely send seasonal (other than Christmas) because I can't count on getting them shipped on time for the deadlines.  However, I sent 17 Mother's Day cards in this batch because I was determined to use up some pink paper I had purchased three years ago for just this card.
 
Since beginning card making (now four years), I think I've learned, at least I hope I've learned, that I don't need to buy 20 sheets of the same paper to make alot of the same card.  I do like doing duplicates but enough paper for a thousand is a bit overboard, wouldn't you say?  ...LOL

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a new box for OWH! I just love that you got the neighbor kids involved, as well. I rarely do holiday cards either. Since I know Sandy sometimes gets bombarded with holiday cards, I try to stick to the 5 main themes instead. And I think we have all purchased lots of the same 12x12 paper, having a plan in mind that may never happen. That's why I really love the 6x6 paper pads now. Of course, I have more of those than I could possibly use in years. The paper companies just need to quit making such cute paper! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure know what you mean about buying tons of one kind of paper. I did the same thing for a Christmas card a few years back.

    ReplyDelete